View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 19, 2010, 07:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
I agree. It's an outrage that you're not being paid for your contributions to the CHS Eagles, their league, and basketball in general. An outrage, I tell ya!!! It's just another example of your local AD falling down on his duties. No wonder you have to do so much of his job. Maybe we can have a benefit for you, or sumthin' like that. Making sell ribbons. Or Livechseagle bracelets.

2) I also agree with that. It's not only an outrage, it's a travesty of the game that no one has ever given you your very own signaling device to follow the correct rules/regulations. An outrage AND a travesty, I tell ya!!! As of the posting of this response, I am starting up a campaign to raise the necessary funds to buy you the absolute best signaling device available. One that you can take home with you at night. In CHS Eagles' colors, of course. All donations can be sent to me, care of the location showing on my profile.

Please help send a signaling device to Chseagle before it's too late! Give 'til it hurts!
I do not mind volunteering my time, considering generally I can get a hot dog or two afterwards or maybe the rest of the popcorn that wasn't sold.

However, I do feel that if a person is actually getting paid, like the Varsity person is ($35 a night for 2 games), that they should be on the ball with all the current rules/regulations.

On any basketball night I average 3-4 games at the table, & 1-2 working as crowd control/security. I do it to support my alma mater (I know the question arises about neutrality) & to lessen the burden of having to find personnel to do table ops.

Last year, for the one game where I did Boys' Varsity Timer/Scoreboard I just happened to be in the right place at the right time, as the regular person did not show up that night.

For the 4A Regional I've done the past couple of years, I have done that to lessen the burden of those running ir to give them a truly neutral person that has no vested interest in the schools participating. Sure I may of gotten paid there but to me that was just an additional perk.

I do table ops cause I enjoy doing it & it gives me time away from the house, especially since I am unable to find any long term/permanent employment.