View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 19, 2010, 06:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
You're right, Champ. It's just not fair that the damn scorer should get to use YOUR signaling device. Geeze, he might get it all dirty or sumthin'. And it's just not FAIR if the scorer wants you to sound your signalling device for him. Why should YOU do his job for him? Next time a scorer tries to pull that crap on you, tell him to piss off and get his own signalling device just like the rules tell him to.

Stand up for your rights. If the scorer wants to do that, call the AD. Wait, you're the acting AD, aren't you? That won't work. Call gym security instead? Wait, you're acting gym security, aren't you? That won't work either. Tell the head refereee. Wait, you're also the acting head referee, aren't you. DAMN!

Just call 9-1-1.
If I was, all you say I am, wouldn't I be getting paid instead of volunteer?

If a "person" closely reads the rules/regulstions closely, the horn the timer uses is only supposed to be used for the signaling to end a quarter/half/game. It is actually supposed to be the scorer that is to signal for subs after those subs are at the table & properly reported in.

Same can be said if there is a blarge/error in the score or a question concerning the score or fouls, it's the scorer that is supposed to signal, not the timer.