View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 17, 2010, 11:59am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
I suppose it depends on who you ask. I would disagree 100%. There are countless things that are better now than 5, 15, 35 years ago. Ask someone who believed anything different than the norm (or looked different) if they thought things were better in 1975 than now. I'm sure you'd get a flat NFW.
The gap between have and have-nots in America (and Canada) is bigger than ever before. A record number of people in the US are living in poverty. Education is at a very low level. The housing market is in shambles.

And all of this applies to Canada, too. Canadians have a record amount of debt, and our unemployment rate is rising.

Cuba is opening their doors to free enterprise, after admitting that Communism (at least their brand of it) no longer works, and hasn't for quite some time. It won't be tomorrow, but give it some time and you'll see more US jobs lost - and going to Cuba.

Maybe the reference to specific years (1995 and 1975) aren't the best, but both US and Canada have not continually moved forward for a better society in recent times.