View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 15, 2010, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
I believe that ... which is exactly why I asked him to clarify something that seemed off to me - and got ridiculed for it. And then when other Fedlandians pipe in, I learn he was exactly wrong about the thing that felt wrong to me. And I got resume-beaten and ridiculed some more. Why would I go back for more of that?
REPLY: mbcrowder, just for the record and as most others have said, the Fed "first touching" rules are virtually identical to the NCAA "illegal touching" rules that you know with one exception regarding how R's first/illegal touching rights can be cancelled. But yes...any and all spots where K touches a scrimmage kick prior to R touching are indeed "relevant" and each may become the succeeding spot--just like in NCAA. Whether you mark them with bean bags, hats, shoes, or jock straps, you better know which is the most advantageous to R once the play ends. Any idea that only the initial first/illegal touching spot and the dead ball spot are relevant and only one of those two spots will qualify as the succeeding spot is pure hogwash.

I haven't visited this board since June, and probably wouldn't have tuned in tonight either except that posters on another board told me I just had to read this if I wanted a good laugh before going to bed. This thread reminds me once again why I've stayed away. Now I'm certain I'll be ridiculed and insulted for this post, and I just hope that whoever might choose to do that asks to compare FB resumes with me.