Thread: "High hit" call
View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 13, 2010, 07:16am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUguy View Post
Good evening everyone,

I like reading this forum to get clarification on calls from the people that really do know what they're talking about. Fans love to argue, but you guys can pretty much put any debate to rest, so here's one for you.

This is a little over a week old, but I'm confused on the call. Northwestern at Vanderbilt, Sept. 4th. NU's QB rolls out on a designed run and gains about 5 yards before he's hit by the VU safety (looks to be a great clean hit to me). The call on the field is a personal foul "high hit". A lot of debate has centered on whether is was helmet to helmet, which to me is insignificant because it wasn't the call (plus it didn't look like it anyway). A couple of angles:

YouTube - Vanderbilt's Fullam penalized for high hit vs. Northwestern 9/4/10

(play starts at 8:17, call at 8:48) YouTube - Northwestern Wildcats vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - 9/4/10

Not defenseless, is there any justification for the call?
If this happened in a Canadian game, from the angles that you provided at real time, I do not have a foul.

Also, there is a way to post a link to a YouTube video that will take the user directly to the point that you want them to view. In the second video you provided, you wanted the user to start viewing at the 8:17 mark. Here's how you do that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaCFzzIIDFs#t=8m17s