View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 11, 2010, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tballump View Post
If your job and lower back make that impossible at the MiLB level, then why don't you hang it up. You owe it to the HS kids to get out also.

So, this measure with MiLB was strickly a FYMiLBU. You could have cared less about working the games, but you did it out of spite. Pity, since you are have a "full" schedule anyway, that you did this to spite the little MiLB guy. Let those guys who don't have a full schedule of games like the volunteer Little League guys that only work a game or two a week go try if that is your point, although I do not condone them working either. Let them go, you do not need to go with your full schedule. Don't do the other guys dirty work for them. Pitiful, the reason why you did it. Just to get even.
To your first point, I have not worked any HS games for the past couple of years(other than a few times as a last minute fill in) Another massive assumption made here(that I would work games when not physically able to do so)

This is the typical union mindset. No criticism for the hypocrisy of the MiLB umpires. None. The guys in the MiLB said no to the game first. They do not own those assignements. Yet, they were all too willing to knock guys out of amateur games. The Union Mindset is that Union Member can walk away from a job, anyone who goes to do that job is a scabby scumbag AND the Union Member is also allowed to work any job he wants and should not be subject to any scrutiny or criticism.

I did not do it out of spite. I worked the first one because a friend asked me the day of the game to fill in and I thought it would be fun. I was asked back several times because I did a good enough job for them to use me some more.

Again, one of you Union Apologists quote things that I did not say. When did I say I had a "full" schedule? I had as many games as I liked to work...did this for fun.