View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 11, 2010, 11:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn View Post
You are basing your opinion of me on....well, not on anything I have said or implied. If you think I have a too high opition of myself as an umpire, you have just made that up. I have not once said or implied anything like that. I am an above average High School umpire who has tries to dress and act professionally and have a good knowledge of the rules. I have worked with lots of guys a lot better than me and I have always tried to learn from them.

My point about guys like Davidson is that he embarrasses all of us with his antics. It is the knuckleheaded umpires like him who get all of the attention. I have no respect for guys like him, always looking for ways to get attention-good grief, buy a Mach 5 and shave, Bob!

As for serving as a fill-in umpire in the MiLB in 2012...no way. My job and my lower back would make that impossible.

Unions think they should get to make the rules and we should all just obey their sets of standards without question. If the MiLB umpires vow to do no other work for any other employer during their strike, I could see honoring their strike. If they, however, work any job anywhere then, the games are fair game. If an MiLB guy gets a job at a gas station, then someone cannot...but, then he wants to demand that no one go work the baseball games that he refused to work? Union members live in a dreamland.
If your job and lower back make that impossible at the MiLB level, then why don't you hang it up. You owe it to the HS kids to get out also.

So, this measure with MiLB was strickly a FYMiLBU. You could have cared less about working the games, but you did it out of spite. Pity, since you have a "full" schedule anyway, that you did this to spite the little MiLB guy. Let those guys who don't have a full schedule of games like the volunteer Little League guys that only work a game or two a week go try if that is your point, although I do not condone them working either. Let them go, you do not need to go with your full schedule. Don't do the other guys dirty work for them. Pitiful, the reason why you did it. Just to get even.
And pity the people that work 3 part time jobs in this country just to make ends meet, and 1 of the part time jobs just happen to be a union job and they are out on strike. This means that they are fair game for people who already have 40 hour jobs and just want to step over and make some quick cash at the strikers part time union job during the strike, since the strikers are working 2 other part time jobs to make ends meet. This is done just to spite them and get even with them for having a part time union job. Pitiful.

Last edited by tballump; Sat Sep 11, 2010 at 03:06pm.