View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 11, 2010, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf View Post
Somehow you missed this little blurb at the end of the story...

"Major League Baseball reviewed what happened and determined the umpire followed the proper protocol by first alerting a stadium usher. A spokesperson said it is “not unprecedented” for an umpire to order a fan ejection.".
Actually, you are correct...I was readin it on my phone and I did miss the bottom part. If this is not unprecedented, then I would like to know what the precedent(s) is(are). I have never seen or heard of anything like this in a Major League game-ever.

None of us know what was said. The drunken jerk fan says he said that obnoxious but rather mild comment. What if he yelled: Molina, I think you are effeminate? Should that garner the heave ho by an umpire? Molina, I think there are others who appear to be a tad more masculine that you. What if he wouldhave made a similar silly/obnoxious remark implying that Molina has sex with tons of women, instead of men?

It is completely not believable that Molina was going to try to find a way into the crowd...and that he could have actually gotten into the crowd(this was not aq left fielder in Fenway or Chavez Ravine) without being stopped over this. If he did, then he would be ejected and THAT would be Davidson's job.