View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 11, 2010, 09:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn View Post
My point about guys like Davidson is that he embarrasses all of us with his antics. It is the knuckleheaded umpires like him who get all of the attention. I have no respect for guys like him, always looking for ways to get attention-good grief, buy a Mach 5 and shave, Bob!
Your point has been well established: You are BIASED against Bob Davidson, and no matter what he does, even if it's right, you will rip him. That's what biased people like you do. That's okay, because bias, prejudice, bigotry--whatever narrow-minded practice you choose--are allowed in a free society. Expressing views that result from such bias is also allowed on many fronts, including this one.

However, on most issues, when biased people like you encounter unbiased, objective, mature, fair-minded people, there are going to be obvious problems. Being a biased person, you should have plenty of experience with that. I'm surprised that you are reacting so harshly.

[For the record, I'm usually one of old Bob's critics, but this time, he stepped up and showed what any courageous, conscious umpire should do when a slur is hurled and no policeman or security person does anything about it: you order the incompetent policeman to do what he's supposed to do. I've supervised incompetent police in everyday life on a few occasions, and I certainly will in such an instance in a baseball setting.]

Last edited by Kevin Finnerty; Sat Sep 11, 2010 at 09:35am.