View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 10, 2010, 09:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tballump View Post
Since JWW is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everyone else is terrible, I have trouble wondering why he has any trouble getting the absolute highest level of amateur baseball, with a schedule of the top amateur games all over this country where he can continually showcase all his knowledge and expertise as an amateur umpire. With the greatest amateur schedule with the highest level of amateur ball around, I just don't understand how he has time to fit in any other games whatsoever, no matter the level involved.
You are basing your opinion of me on....well, not on anything I have said or implied. If you think I have a too high opition of myself as an umpire, you have just made that up. I have not once said or implied anything like that. I am an above average High School umpire who has tries to dress and act professionally and have a good knowledge of the rules. I have worked with lots of guys a lot better than me and I have always tried to learn from them.

My point about guys like Davidson is that he embarrasses all of us with his antics. It is the knuckleheaded umpires like him who get all of the attention. I have no respect for guys like him, always looking for ways to get attention-good grief, buy a Mach 5 and shave, Bob!

As for serving as a fill-in umpire in the MiLB in 2012...no way. My job and my lower back would make that impossible.

Unions think they should get to make the rules and we should all just obey their sets of standards without question. If the MiLB umpires vow to do no other work for any other employer during their strike, I could see honoring their strike. If they, however, work any job anywhere then, the games are fair game. If an MiLB guy gets a job at a gas station, then someone cannot...but, then he wants to demand that no one go work the baseball games that he refused to work? Union members live in a dreamland.

Last edited by jwwashburn; Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 09:33pm.