View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 10, 2010, 10:22am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketSidewalk View Post
Has anyone ever had trouble with their flag coming loose and even falling out of your waistline during a game?

When I'm moving around on the field, my flag continually works itself loose and if I'm not careful, it will eventually fall out. I end up having to tuck it back in before almost every play which, in my opinion, looks sloppy. I've had a couple of plays where I had to run 40+ yards down field only to look back and see my flag lying on the field 15 yards behind me. Then I get the joy of explaining to the coach and my WH why there's a flag on the play (which we would waive off, of course).

I've experimented around with tucking it in my waist line in a couple different locations, and even tucking it into my compression shorts. But it still works itself loose.

I'm a skinny guy, so I can't use my gut to help hold the flag's ball weight against my belt.

Any suggestions for keeping the flag in place?
Beer. Lots and lots of beer. You won't immediately notice a change, but within a season, or two, you should have much less of a problem.

Seriously, though ... I'm a skinny guy, too. However, I don't have a problem to the same degree you do. I, too, have to tuck my flag into my compression shorts. I have to readjust my flag, as well. But only about once or twice a quarter.

Here's some suggestions: Make certain nothing but the ball of the flag is out the top of your knickers. Perhaps you have too much of your flag draped over your belt? Speaking of your belt, tightening it a notch might be a solution. Maybe you can move your flag more out towards your hip so your hip bone can hold it in place better? Or, perhaps you need to buy smaller knickers or tighter compression shorts.

Then again, there's always the beer solution.