View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 09, 2010, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn View Post
Well, Kevin, we are not major league umpires. The highest level I ever worked was a few Minor League gamjes as a fill in many years ago. I worked some small college but the vast majority of what I have worked has been HS and below. The standards at a HS game are far different than at a major Lague game. First of all, I would hear someone being vulgar or profane and I would dump him.

Davidson wanted a show. If it was that important to dump this supposed roudy fan who supposedly was vulgar, then he could have handled it many ways...all of them except the one he used would not have drawn attention to himself. He wanted to draw attention to himself. Between innings instead of spreading his feathers like a peacock, he could have asked a cop in or by the dugout to dump the guy...he would not have had to point, even. This was all about Boorish Bob. He is a hack. I was actually with two umpire friends when we heard sbout this on the radio and we all knew it was this loser that had done it.

So, for those that back Davidosn on this-What should happen the next time ol' Bob lets loose on one of his vulgarity laced tirades?
He was going to do it between innings, but it threatened to get out of hand, so, like a man with a set of stones, he acted, so a man with a set of clubs wouldn't.

As you stated, you believe all swearing is the same, and everything Davidson does is objectionable. That reeks of bias, and puritanism, so with your inability to be unbiased, and your inability to digest adult language, perhaps baseball isn't the right game for you.

You are obviously giving this a cursory and narrow look. Try harder.

Last edited by Kevin Finnerty; Thu Sep 09, 2010 at 06:09pm.