Thread: Appropriateness
View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 08, 2010, 02:31pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
The problem is, if you keep the tidbit to yourself, that official loses an opportunity to improve. Personally, I'd rather have an uncomfortable moment of feedback than have the constructive critic keep it to himself.
There opportunity to improve has nothing to do with me telling them something. Actually if they want to improve then they should seek information, not give it unsolicited. If you do not ask they might not want to hear what I have to say or want to debate over the validity of what is said. Never should you just give advice in something like officiating if the people are not asking and you do not know them. It is a waste of breathe to give information someone does not even want or care about. And there are a lot of folks who couldn't care less what you have to tell them. It has little or nothing to do with being uncomfortable, it has to do with saying something they will get offended by because they do not respect you or want to hear what you have to say. This is why I only give advice to those that seek it.

Peace