View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 07, 2010, 05:56pm
Stop staring at me swan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
What a Twinkie fanboy. Can you honestly say he was watching by the evidence in that clip? When I saw it in real time, it appeared that Marquez was watching the tag at third as Young dove back in. His timing and mechanics looked like he was pointing at Dave Anderson for help on the call and then punched the out signal.

My initial reaction was that he had banged Young out at third when he appeared safe.

If you want to see a classic example of coach's interference, find some video of Mark Maguire hitting number 62. He is jumping up and down and clearly misses first on his way to second. The first base coach has to grab him by the arm to get him to return to touch the base. No interference was called by the way.

Marquez's call was butchered and the rule wasn't enforced properly.
Far from a homer. Twins fan yes. Please don't ever post that I would officiate or agree/disagree with an umpire's call different from how I would umpire it whether it's my home team or not. You don't know me. Deeply offensive. You may disagree with how I would've called it or how I interpreted the video (we obviously disagree which is fine that's the point of this forum) but it has NOTHING to do with the fact that I watch the Twins.