View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 03, 2010, 03:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
If you haven't done so already, some time when you get a chance watch a ballgame from the booth (from the clock operators vantage point) take a moment and observe how little you see of the wing official on the near sideline while he's in front of the team area.

Even the most perfect incomplete pass signals easily go unseen. Perhaps the best way to understand what's happened is to find an off official, who has picked up the incomplete and is signalling to stop the clock.
I will put it this way, then they are not doing it right or multiple officials are not doing it. I cannot imagine not seeing a signal if you do it the proper way by staying upright and signaling more than once and under control. I personally go to the press box every game as I give the game cards. I always look around from the vantage point of the timer. There are not many instances where they would not be able to see officials on the field. And with the teams moving back in from the restricted area, not sure why an official would not be seen.

Peace