Thread: air horns
View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 02, 2010, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLin NC View Post
Thanks for the link. I read a lot in their about artificial noise makers and one reference to a "horn" under the rules for University of Phoenix Stadium. With all that said, I have had a personal disagreement with the state commisioner over the definition of "artificial noise maker". I was the one that was being more strict on the rule.

Therefore, my final opinion is that air horns are legal at a regular season game in an open air stadium.

On a side note, after this topic had already been posed, I was doing a game where a fan had an air horn. A player for the team this guy was rooting for picked off a pass and this guy went nuts with the air horn. The player promptly stopped and looked around for the origin of the sound and dropped the ball on the ground (he must have thought it was the horn for the scoreboard and didn't know to play through the end of a quarter). The other team picked it up and nearly ran it back for a score. (great job by the crew not to have an IW) I guess you can call that Karma!