View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 02, 2010, 06:39am
Esteemed Forum Member

Vote Early, Vote Often ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef View Post
I have always had a huge problem with letting a coaches rating carry a lot of weight with postseason assignments. Coaches have no idea about most of the rules and they make that clear every week of the season. Why should any official’s postseason fate be determined by people who really don't have an idea about officiating.
It's not a rating. It's a vote, pure and simple. The more votes you get, the deeper into the tournament you work.

I know it's hard to believe, but the coaches do a very good job of voting our best officials into the tournament every year. Yes, every year some good officials are left off the tournament list, there are just so many spots available. But every year the list is made up of our best officials. As I said in an earlier post, this past season there was only one name on the list that I thought didn't belong there. The season before I had no reservations about anyone on the tournament list.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)