View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 28, 2010, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Forgive me Billy that sounds like way too much control. I like our system because we join who we want to and attend meetings of who we want to. Also my ability to get a varsity game falls on the shoulders of the assignor (which assigns conferences individually) similar to working college ball. We do not have to prove anything to any group or board of people. If we can work, we work for that person if they want to hire us. If we can't work, they will not hire us.

Peace
Good points Rut. In New Jersey, while theoretically a new chapter could be started it would require approval by the state association (NJSIAA) and that is unlikely. Esssentally, the turf has been covered. A recent request I am aware of was denied despite an appeal to the courts.

Our chapter exclusively assigns the middle and high school games for the area and makes it clear that the chapter expects preference for official availability. Most other areas of NJ use assignors independent of a chapter. There are pros and cons with both situations. Personally, I prefer more of an open market with many assignors.