View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 28, 2010, 06:02am
Esteemed Forum Member

The Peace Corps ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
If we were to do what you guys do, we would violate independent contractor laws in this state any organization that does all that will become an employee instead of hiring in independent contractor to do a job.
Maybe I've mislead you. Connecticut is a 100% IAABO state. That is a fact, not a rule.

If you want to start your own non-IAABO Connecticut chapter, for example, the Rutledge Peace Basketball Officials Chapter, then you are welcome to do so. No one would stop you. I'm sure that our state interscholastic sports governing body would require of your chapter some type of proof regarding the quality of your officials before allowing your chapter to assign scholastic games.

As it is now, there are plenty of "independent" basketball officials groups in the state that assign recreation games, travel games, private school games, AAU games, etc. Up until a few years ago there were a few non-IAABO groups that assigned girls high school games. Over the past few years they have voluntarily merged with existing IAABO boards.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Aug 28, 2010 at 09:12am.