View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 27, 2010, 10:47am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refsmitty View Post
Alright fellas... I'm now a 3rd year V official and need some advice on this one.

Our LJ is a veteran official. Last night JV Game - late in the 4th quarter wit team A up 42-12 - 2nd and 3rd stringers in...

Team A runs a reverse (I agree - not good) for about a 40 yard TD. From the LJ comes this long thrown flag into the offensive backfield. I am the U and see this guy come to the referee who asks him what he has. I already know the answer he is going to give as this is the 2nd time in my time with him that he has done this...

He looks at the clock and says" I've got a hold on 42-6" meaning that he doesn' think the coach should be running reverse up by this margin. I'm instantly pissed!

After the game in the locker room as I get out of the shower... he is asking our rookie - Do ya know why I called this... blah blah blah.

I speak up and tell him in front of the crew chief..."I don't think this is right - I don't think it is our job to officiate that way - Will never do it... etc - even though I agree with him that it is unsportsmanlike...

Thoughts? How would you handle?
If there is a hold that affects the play, then flag it. If not, then don't.

The score doesn't matter. In fact, he might have taken away the only TD that player scored all year.

That official is not a veteran official. He has 1 year of experience x times.