Thread: Foul or Out?
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 25, 2010, 05:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigoP View Post
Case book NFHS. 7.4.8 sit.a. Ruling. The batter is considered to be in the batter's box waiting for a pitch when no part of either foot is touching the ground outside the boundary lines forming the batter's box. Comment; When taking a stance in the box, both of the batter's feet shall be completely in the batter's box(not touching the ground outside the batter's box).
No opinion fact. Exact wording in case book.
I'm not bickering or intending to insult anyone. If we don't debate the issues fully we"ll never get to the bottom of correct calls.
Who wants to learn? I do. Please add some facts to help me learn. I will accept them with open arms. I have called state championships, nominated for umpire of the year last year, many interstate tournaments. I've already been booked for big tournaments in 3 states next year. I never have a problem because I defuse arguments immediately by telling the coaches where to look exactly in the book. That has given me the respect of coaches, players and my partners. We don't have arguments in my games that last longer than it takes to tell you where to find the rule in the book. I can do that very quickly thus no arguments and less doubt about any other calls I make in the game.
I think it's pretty clear. When taking a stance in the box both feet shall completely be in the batters box.