Thread: Foul or Out?
View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 24, 2010, 07:39pm
Official Forum Member

I notice a lot of people who think reading the rules is insulting. How else do you back a call without the book. I see a lot of opinions and theories used as valid explanations. I see no rule book fact to confirm these opinions. I also see no rule book facts cited by these folks to counter rules I cited, just opinion. One gentleman even says , I know its not in the book but someones word is good enough for me. Even when I tell you where to find the published ruling. It's in the book but I'm going with what someone said. Wow. If you find it insulting to actually read the rules and cite rules to confirm a call then I can see why you're having a problem. Once again you say I used 2 different rules that apply to different situations. I"ll ask again what rules are we talking about. Can you cite them and the differences? I really don't think your opinion will carry much weight without fact. The subject has never changed. No one has given any credible evidence to counter clearly published rules I cited. I'd like to see them so that if I'm missing something in the book I can correct my mistakes and get better. It's a Rules book not an Opinion book.