View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 16, 2003, 04:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kris3333
Wow...great response here! The only problem I have, is that I don't exactly know where my "area" is. Guess I didn't get to that part in the books well enough. I realize that one official is the lead and one is the trail, so one stays in front of the offense, and the other behind. I guess it probably doesn't much matter at this age.
If you're worried about your area (and that's good), just remember to keep the kids boxed in by you and your co-official. In other words, if you are lead (on the baseline) on the same side as the score table, make sure your partner is at about the FT line on the side opposite the table. Don't leave the action until you are sure of what's happening... at this age you won't get beat down the floor. Keep moving up and down the court in this box fashion. At this point, I wouldn't worry about switching, or anything like that. Just make sure the table can see you when you report anything.

Best fun I've had is at this level. You really are another coach on the floor. AND Smile... it's fun