View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 18, 2010, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
The obstructed runner cannot be TAGGED (or forced) out between the bases where she was obstructed. Doesn't mean she can't be out. Passing a runner or missing a base come to mind. Intentional INT as well.

I've never seen it, but it came up at a game with one of my umpires and discussed in meeting. R1 on 3rd, BR hits an obvious triple, possible ITPHR, and is obstructed by F3 just standing there watching the play. Unfortunately, R1 hurt something and was crumpled in a ball near where F4 would play. Only PU saw this. BU had gone into the holding area, and didn't notice missing R1 at first. BR passed R1. PU called her out. Got messy when the fielders threw to 2nd, BU called out on the (no longer in effect) force, defense left the field, offensive coaches hurried on to check the runner. Then later asked about the non-force and the lack of an actual tag.
Mike, I'm in the middle of a food coma after lunch, but I'm a bit confused... "Intentional INT?" I don't recall the exception making any statement that required the INT to be intentional...

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.