Thread: Brain teaser
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 18, 2010, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmathews View Post
I do understand your reasoning...but this isn't basketball, so why should the rules be the same...are we also going to require the ball carrier to start dribbling...the rule is the rule...it isn't hard to understand, there is no reason to change it.....
Man, I agree with you and don't wish to rehash the whole thing again, and again, and again, for fear of beating a dead horse. As I have said previously, I have no problem with the interpretation of the rule, or the application of the rule - I understand this is not basketball, and do not wish to apply basketball rules to football. However, I still have my personal likes and dislikes regarding the rules. In my personal opinion, I would love for there to be a rule that specifically states that a receiver who has touched OOB remains OOB until he returns by touching IB. Whether you agree or disagree does not matter to me in the least. I personally wish the rule about accepting the penalty on a scoring play would go away. To me, in REAL football, to be able to keep the score, you should have to decline the live-ball penalty. But again, that's just my personal preference - I have no problem interpreting and applying the present rule on Friday night.

Now, why don't we all move on and talk about something else?