View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 16, 2003, 02:24pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb I have not worked in Southern Illinois but......

Quote:
Originally posted by tharbert
I have to caveat RutÂ’s answer for Illinois. Here in the south where some of our graduating class sizes wouldnÂ’t even make a respectable freshman English class in a Chicagoland school, high school runs 50-50% 2 to 3 man crews. It is getting better.

I am not aware of the areas that you work, but I do not work just in the Chicagoland area. Actually, I was doing 3 Person for 3 full years before I ever stepped into the Chicago area. I have officiated at schools that bearly have 100 students, but still hire 3 officials for all their varsity games. Actually, there are more conferences in the Chicagoland area that do not have 3 officials for games(Upstate 8, Chicago Public League, Private League for most games), but you go to the sticks and the farm areas, and that is all you see. I am not aware where Carterville is located, but most of the northern to central Illinois areas use 3 Person regularly. And when you go around Springfield, they use almost all 3 Person from what the officials that work there tell me.

Peace