Thread: Brain teaser
View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 12, 2010, 08:33am
Official Forum Member

Know what? I'm really sick of the completely unnecessary but constantly dripping sarcasm from your direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
Here comes that logic block again, If we agree that OOB player (other than forced) cannot come back within the confines of the field and legally participate, why would a player who doesn't even bother to try and get back "inbounds" be allowed to participate by jumping up in the air, while still OOB, and redirect an errant pass to a teammate who had never gone OOB? That doesn't seem at all consistent, or sensible, at least to me.
It's not. It's not consistent, or sensible. Do you read? Or do you just look for nuggets to jump on?

I NEVER said the play was legal, and never said it was a TD. I say that the OP is ILLEGAL PARTICIPATION. Which is what you allude to above. The play, however, is not dead. Your initial contention was to rule this an incomplete pass out of bounds. Not only have you been told you're wrong about 25 times, you've actually finally gotten yourself to the right answer in the course of telling me I'm wrong. Kind of funny, really. Your answer - incomplete pass - is wrong. In both codes.

If the reply is laced with sarcasm and condescention, I, like Welpe, am done.

West Houston Mike