Thread: Video Clips
View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 10, 2010, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to CLH Send a message via Yahoo to CLH
[QUOTE=hoopguy;688371]The best video clips I have seen are on the Women's NCAA site. Unfortunately, beginning last year they are no longer free. I called and complained because I do not do college games and do not want to pay the college fee just so that I can view the videos. I got a reply from Arbiter with a phone number. My feeling is that Arbiter is a for-profit company and has no reason to move the video to a free site but the Women's NCAA office should.

I would urge everyone to contact the NCAA women's office and ask them to move the videos to somewhere anyone can view for free. The rule and case books are online with free access and it makes sense for the video to be free as well. The referees should not only know the rules and cases but how they should be called and the videos help understand how the rules should be applied.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what purpose would contacting the NCAA women's office do? You want them to change how their site works in order to accomodate people who don't want to pay? That site is designed to provide guidance to NCAA officials on handling NCAA games. If you want those types of videos and instructions, become an NCAA referee, but don't expect them to change their mode of operation just to make you happy. You don't even work for them, why would they care?