Thread: NCAA SUIP rumor
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 09, 2010, 04:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticNHBlue View Post

I've been an ASA member since my dad got me started 25 years ago. I greatly appreciate what they have to offer umpires in the form of training, assignments, and levels to which one can aspire. I just think there should be another level of training available and that the Elite umpire program could/should be a part of that process. Maybe this is an opportunity for ASA to adopt something (advanced umpire training) that is fairly well developed and use it to their advantage.
I think we are on the same page. Part of what needs to be remembered is the differences in market. ASA training addresses umpiring all division, classifications and levels of each game. The SUIP only had to deal with a select group with a single target in a very controled environment.

I believe the administration is going to be the sticking point, if any. Will the dictation to call a violation if you see it remain and actually effected, or will it go by the way of satisfying the coach's whim and fancy?

I guess it will be interesting, if nothing else, to see how this may unfold.