View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 11, 1999, 07:18pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but the thread below was getting pretty long so I thought I'd start a new one on just a single point. I was a little confused about what the original posts were asking regarding starting a 10 second backcourt court, so let me focus on only that. Here's the scenario: A1 dribbling in frontcourt. A2 and A3 are still in their backcourt, picking their nose, checking out the babes in row 5, whatever. B1 slaps the ball away from A1. The ball DOES NOT touch A1 prior to going into A's backcourt. B1 does not pursue the ball, since there are members of team A back there and he feels the effort would be futile. Since A2 and A3 are about one fry short of a Happy Meal anyway, they also don't go after the ball and it kind of just bounces or rolls around in A's backcourt. Here's the multi-part question: 1)do you start a 10 second backcourt count 2)if so, when - when the ball achieves backcourt status or when it is touched by a member of A in the backcourt (if ever) 3)if the ball is untouched by A, would you actually count in a real game and 4)if not, why not. My answers are: 1)yes 2)when the ball first touches the backcourt 3)yes 4)n/a. What are yours? BTW - Happy Meal is a registered trademark of McDonald's, Inc. Just thought I'd throw that in.