View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 06, 2010, 10:05am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
I don't want to turn this into a Canadian football convo, but I'm curious. In your rules, does A88 actually possess the ball? He never came down with the ball. If this happened in bounds, does he have possession already before getting rid of the ball? If not - then is his throwing of the ball forward actually a pass? The other question that I'm curious about is - in your rules, is A88 actually still out of bounds when he's airborne above out of bounds - and what does it take for him to be back "inbounds"? Contact in bounds? 2 feet in contact in bounds? Just being "over" inbound territory?
The player being OB rule doesn't address the OB player jumping to then be airborne. My interp is that he's definitely OB, because the rule that says when he can participate further states that the player must become again inbounds. This infers that the airborne A88 is still OB.

To be back inbounds, it's like the Fed basketball rule: at least one foot in bounds and nothing still OB.

Since the play is over, A88 possessing the ball is moot. If inbounds, the airborne A88 has control of the ball, but the pass is not complete until he survives contact with the ground and opponent.