Thread: Ejection ...
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 02, 2010, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
Yeah, you are right Snaqs! I misspoke & boy did they ever run with it. I will make it a point to say exactly what I mean in the future, the elderly seem to get lost quick.
Seems like you don't have any problem calling names, do you? So, how old is "elderly", and how old am I?

Quote:
The way I ask it, along with my body language gives me the results I'm looking for 95% of the time.
So, what happens that other 5%? What if I told you my method works 99.8% of the time? Would you be willing to switch to my way of thinking? I can run a stop sign and 95% of the time, nothing bad will happen. Does that make it right?

Quote:
Informing him (with a player already at the table) got me what Billy got once before. I learned from it & choose not to go that route again.
So, you did it the right way, and the coach made a smart-a$$ comment? So what? I thought with your swag and body language that wouldn't happen? But, since it did, did you take care of business? Or, are you saying that coach that day forced you to do things differently from that point on? How strong of an official are you the a coach's incorrect actions forced you to do things incorrectly from that point on?

You keep mentioning things like your illuminating personality as your reasons for doing the things you do, while some of us "elderly folks" keep mentioning things like rules and mechanics. Kind of like them pesky traffic rules, right? As long as the other folks at the stop sign see the swag, they'll know to keep out of our way, right?

(Used with permission.)