Thread: Ejection ...
View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 01, 2010, 12:45am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Kingsman1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
Im not a huge fan of my partner coming in to "save" me. If a coach wants to get into it with me I deal with it. If I do end up giving him a T, I do so and move away (since there is no reason to be table side anyways after the T was issued). If he insists on keeping at it he can follow me and earn that second one. But the last thing I need is my partner to come and rescue me. I am an adult, the coach is an adult and we are dealing with a game with fixed parameters.

Its not ideal for the same official to give both T's but I do not want my partner to give the second one simply because I was to afraid of how it would look.
I didn't mean to imply that your partner should always come in and "save" you. Sometimes it cannot be helped for an official give both T's. However, in some situations a second T can be prevented by getting away from the coach and letting your partner handle things. Not because you were "afraid" of how it would look to give both T's, but it's simply what's best for game management.

I have seen officials continue to engage a coach after giving a T just because their ego won't let their partner help them out. That is totally wrong and only makes things worse.

Last edited by Kingsman1288; Sun Aug 01, 2010 at 12:49am.