Thread: Ejection ...
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 30, 2010, 09:21pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
tref's method is killing two birds with one sentence.

A perfectly acceptable way to handle the situation. In fact, it should be encouraged because if that sub is for the fouled-out player, then the game gets moving quicker. if the sub isn't for the fouled-out player, he might "become" the sub for the fouled-out player because the idea is now in the coach's mind.
Cool. Ignore a very plainly written rule and case paly. If you think that's acceptable, Jugs, I'd be checking that out with your local rules interpreter before adopting that procedure. You're into making up your own rules now imo.

Tref's method does NOT include notifying the head coach that one of his players has just fouled out. That bird is live! He's stated that very emphatically and I've sureashell cited that statement enough. That is NOT acceptable. The rules state that we do have to notify the head coach.

The case book play that I cited lays out the procedure to be used very simply and easily. Why do some people think that they can ignore that and make up their own procedure? A procedure that goes completely against a written rule?

I'm just repeating myself now. I'm done.