Thread: NCAA SUIP rumor
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 30, 2010, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUmp View Post
Why does Kathy have to take the hit? She was put into the impossible situation during WCWS and the regular season by the higher ups in the NCAA to assure the enforcement of IPs (the most unpopular call in the game) by NCAA umps. She, Emily, and others did the best they could to carry out this mandate. From the SUIP manual, the clinic CD-rom, SUIP bulletins, and videos posted on the SUIP website, IP's and their enforcement were front and center.
To any of you who have been around the NCAA a long time, what kind of directive (if any) do you think the WCWS crews were given on calling IP's?
So what's next? Who takes Kathy's place? Who fills the void of no Emily Alexander or Ed Crane? What will the NCCA's position on IP's be next season? Do they change the rule? Do they change the penalty?
Crappy deal in IMO. kudos to Emily and Ed for supporting Kathy.
Who knows what else has gone on behind closed doors? KS had some issues last years NCAAs in OKC, so maybe that is why they "targeted" her. Personally, I don't buy into the sympathy resignations as a good idea for the sake of support. I could understand if someone else has been named with whom Emily and Ed felt reluctent to work with, but we really don't know and unless someone from the inside speaks....

If this was completely over the IPs this year, then I wouldn't blame everyone from running away as fast as possible. No good reason to jump on a bus if the driver is just going to throw you under it.