Thread: Ejection ...
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 30, 2010, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
Never seen so many people, in one place at one time with such a lack of reading comprehension skills. And to think some of you are decision makers
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref
3. Im AT the table & see a sub there... no reason to let the coach know its the 5th. Thats why the sub is there!! Asking if the sub is for the player w/ 5 makes more sense to me.
I asked why you feel it's not necessary to tell a coach it's a player's 5th foul, and you ask us about our comprehension skills?

Telling the coach about a player's 5th foul is not a courtesy, or something that should be avoided if it looks like the coach is about ready to look at you cross-eyed or say something to you. It's a requirement that has implications in the game.

Whenever I hear an official talk about using "common sense", more often than not they're talking about doing something their way, rather than following the rules, because somehow their way seems easier. And it's so easy to say "I don't want to be one of those officials.", like knowing and following the rules is somehow a bad thing. But, more often than not, the official that uses that line is one that doesn't really know the rules, and they're simply making things up as they go along.

(Used with permission.)