Thread: Ejection ...
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 30, 2010, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsman1288 View Post
You still need to inform the coach that 11 has 5 fouls.
"Is the sub for 11, he has 5."

Quote:
While the sub may well be for 11, the coach may not be aware he has 5 fouls.
Why not? Does he not understand English? Am I doing a FIBA game? Jeeezzz

"Is the sub for 11, he has 5."

Quote:
Later on in the game he may try to insert 11 back into the game not knowing he has 5 fouls, and when 11 is not allowed back in because of his fouling out, the coach is going to be even more mad that you didn't let him know his player had 5. That will probably lead to a bigger confrontation than the one you're trying to avoid with him fouling out. Suck it up, and just tell the coach he has 5. JMO
Yeah okay... he brings that player back AFTER I tell him he has 5 & it becomes all too easy! WHACK!
BTW, nowadays the player would tell the coach he is not going back in the game with 20 seconds left down by 30+ :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallfouls View Post
While it may be customary to finish what you started in your back yard, which I am fine with, the situation might not have evolved into an ejection by using the recommended mechanic.

I know of assignors that would go back to the official and asked why the mechanic was not followed, there is a reason for them. But you are not a Rule Book official, yet you know the rules ...
For the last time, we dont get together on players fouling out! Only atypical situations.

Hmmmm I guess this is what the Twilight Zone feels like?

Last edited by tref; Fri Jul 30, 2010 at 03:07pm.