Thread: Ejection ...
View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 29, 2010, 04:54pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post

White Coach informs me that he already knows and has a sub available at the table and adds that we should have called a foul on Red previous to 11's foul. I simply state "That's enough coach", while giving a non-threatening "stop sign". In twenty-nine years this technique has worked for me 99.5% of the time.

Not this time. He continues that my partner and I have been doing a lousy job all night.

The coach complained. The official gives a simple, non-confrontational warning about continuing the complaining. The coach then completely ignores that warning and continues to complain.

And then some people complain that you acted hastily. To them I say "whatinthehell do you people want Billy to do in a situation like that?" How many warnings should a coach get before we do something about it? How many warning do you think should be given before you'll actually do something about them? Why warn in the first place if you have no intention of following up with that warning?

Righteous "T", Billy. The coach left you no choice by ignoring your warning. All you did was react to what the coach did, and the coach really left you no choice imo. And it doesn't matter either if it's in the last 5 seconds of the game or the first 5 seconds of the game. You penalize the act! Period!

Some officials can always find a reason NOT to call a technical foul.