Thread: NewEra hats
View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 29, 2010, 11:15am
Official Forum Member

It's a Darn shame

But isn't it true in your collective experience that the quality of uniforms and most equipment is going downhill fast?

Yes, Titanium masks are great, and West Vest type protectors are okay too, but when I compare West Vests to West Vests of 5 to 7 years ago, the quality is bad. Hats and shirts, there is no comparison- the fabrics are good, but the quality of the items are terrible.

It is very disappointing, as Kevin put it. Richardson hats are bad, New Era hats are mega expensive and of poor quality; frankly I still wish I had some old Roman Pro hats from 20 years ago, leather bands and all.

Unless someone can find a way to inject quality back into clothing, and that IMO means bringing production back from overseas, things will only get worse.

I did a game this year where the ball were rubbed up beforehand by the home team. The balls they use are terrible; nobody makes a ball worth a hoot anymore, except for D1 college balls or real MLB balls. But the funniest thing was you could see eraser marks on the balls.

After asking why they had eraser marks, one guy told me he goes over every ball they get to use and erases "Made In China' off every ball. In the future I will do the same thing; even if I have to get to the park 30 minutes earlier to do it.