View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 15, 2003, 02:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by coach2
Being a teacher I now and understand what you are trying to tell me. But you can not say that in most cases you can not have a normal conversation with parents.
I can say that 99% of my conversations with parents are quite pleasant. But I can also say that when you address their individual child's behavior, that percentage goes WAY down. I know my parents, and usually know and anticipate who will take feedback positively and who is just going to support their child at all costs. I am usually prepared for those conversations, and I am supposed to be the one to have those conversations. Refs don't know the parents, and don't need to converse with the parents.

I can predict that these parents may be the type to cause trouble. If you give your answer to the school and they won't accept it, I predict that it is 90% likely to be a bad conversation when you talk to them - they don't appear to be inclined to listen to reason.

This parent should go to the school and the school should address their concerns.