View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 14, 2010, 07:03pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by docofficial View Post
Player A1 ends his dribble and jumps off one foot in an apparent attempt to try for a goal. Player B1 jumps to block the try. So A1 does not release the ball and lands on the floor with both feet simultaneously.
For the last time because I'm just repeating myself now...

This is the original post. A1 is jumping off of one foot to try for goal. Note---> "TO TRY FOR GOAL"! A1 is NOT jumping off of one foot to do a jump stop--i.e. to land on both feet simultaneously.

I repeat.....

A1 is NOT jumping off of one foot to do a jump stop!!!!

You people are all injecting something into the situation that is not only wrong but is completely irrelevant. You're all trying to say that A1 was NOT jumping for goal as written explicitly above, but is doing a jump-stop instead.

Reading Is Fundamental!!!!

The rules that I cited definitively cover what a player jumping to try for goal can legally do and not do. And what a player jumping for a try on goal can't legally do is come back down with the ball.

Again, we're discussing a player jumping for goal and coming down with the ball. We're NOT discussing a player executing a jump-stop. That's a completely different scenario than the one outlined in the original post above.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Wed Jul 14, 2010 at 07:09pm.