View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 12, 2010, 08:57am
Official Forum Member

All,
This 3rd baseman was on a lower level "Rec" team. If this had been a travel team or even an older team I would've ejected him and the coach IMMEDIATELY! HTBT, nobody cheered this kid for making a good play. He stood there proudly because he thought he had "blocked" 3rd base real well like coach told him to. The catcher never threw the ball to third.

Nobody hurt....The 3rd baseman got the worst end of the deal R2 hit him pretty good with his helmet running with his head slightly down. The stunned look on everybody's face was priceless. HTBT; It was borderline hilarious. I wish there was a video because I just couldn't believe what I was seeing.

As far as the obstruction ON THE ORIGINAL PLAY; situation was.....3rd baseman, ball in glove, leg going down, tag going down to runner, runner sliding into base....all at the same time. Runner probably would've been safe if the leg didn't block the base because he would've been under the tag. I've never seen this called obstruction. If a catcher makes this play at home, it is called a great play by the catcher. Why should it be different at any other base?

Let me know if I am wrong. My partner made the call. I would've called the same. I don't believe this is call that can be appealed. Your thoughts are appreciated. (Of course I will give consideration to the source)