View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 12, 2010, 08:52am
Official Forum Member

Rain-outs and reschedules

Just wanted to run a situation by the board that happened to me this weekend in which I don't think was handled approprietly by my assignor and in which I lost out on $45 and my partner $70.

My original schedule was Sr. legion tourny DH friday night, 3 inning continuation and full 7 adult league game on Saturday in the early evening.

My Friday games were washed out due to rain and rescheduled for the next morning. These were the opening games of the tournament. My assignor removed me from these Sr. Legion games because the following day, I had 1.5games in the evening.

My arguement and beef comes from the fact that Friday night Team A was playing Team B (Game #1) and Team C vs. Team D (Game #2) and that they have to play these games in this order because of the league tourny, and therefore, because its would be the same game, it still is rightfully mine. My arguement is that even though I had the games in the evening on Saturday, all 4 games (orginal two from Fri, and the 2 adult games) are my right to work and I should be able to choose which ones I work.

My assignor said that I don't get the Sr. Legion games, the rescheduled ones, becuase he already assigned two other umpires to work games on the next morning at the times that the Friday games were being made up. (games starting at 10a and noon)

My arguement to that was they were assigned to games not times and they should be moved to the later games they were originally assigned to (Game #5 and #6). In essence, each crew is bumped later just like the bracket.

Like I said earlier, this ended up costing me $45, and it shouldn't be about the money, but right now I'm working PT in my real job and looking to move, so every little bit helps.

Thoughts?