View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 11, 2010, 10:32pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Who You Gonna Call ??? Mythbusters ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaddict View Post
Ball is shot by A1 and bounces up on the rim, B1 grabs the ball which is above the rim and in the imaginary cylinder of the rim and in my opinion still has a chance to go in.

My second question is that in the rule book there is actually no signal to signal a goaltend or basket interference so what would the correct way be to go about making this call on either of these plays?
A player cannot touch the ball, ring, or net while the ball is on the ring or within the basket. A player cannot touch the ball if it is in the imaginary cylinder above the ring. These are examples of basket interference. It is legal to touch the ring or the net if the ball is above the ring and not touching the ring, even if the ball is in the imaginary cylinder above the ring.

I've heard interpreters state that one of the unlisted attributes of goaltending is that the ball is outside the cylinder (along with try or tap, downward flight, above the basket ring level, and possibility of entering the basket).

Offensive basket interference or offensive goaltending: Signal # 13: No score.

Defensive basket interference or defensive goaltending: Signal # 14: Goal counts.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jul 11, 2010 at 10:50pm.