View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 15, 2003, 02:14am
Official Forum Member

Cool

I had a similiar situation (I do not recall the details in my game but I do remember that it was not a crash play) in a JV game in Texas. Player flexed and took steps to the player. I T'd the player in a heartbeat. When the coached asked me what it was for, I told him and he immediately took that player out.

I ejected a 12 and under player in a girls softball game for getting up on a play and walking up on the pitcher with clenched fists. I do not give warnings on those type of situations. You get a T if I am working the game.

Heck, in a men's game the other night my partner is asking for the player to give him the ball. I turn around and he puts the ball on the ground and walks away. Blank that. I T'D him and while going to report that foul another player says that is bull ****. Guess what he got. That's right, a T.

I understand (well I like to think I do) about preventive officiating but I do not tolerate unsportsmanlike behavior. If it's like what I described above, there is no warning. Am I going to give a warning to the next guy who does that same thing or something similar? Every one is going to expect it.

My mindset is if you commit an unsporting act, you should be penalized immediately. They do not need or warrant a reprieve IMHO. Next time that happpens, give that player a T and go to the scorer table to report it. Then you can explain it to the coach and he will handle it.

Other than that, the other guys have given superb advice.