View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 29, 2010, 05:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to shipwreck
need help and rule reference ASA

Ok, here goes. Team A starts with 9 players and 1 sub. In the second inning batter #7 bats and safely makes it to first. Sub then bats without reporting and is safe at first, advancing runner to second. Batter #8 then bats and safely makes it to first and advances 2 base runners to second and third. Batter #9 comes up to bat and has a 1-1 count when defense realizes something is wrong and brings it up to the PU. The 2 umpires working the game didn't know how to rule so they called over the UIC. He called me today and asked what I would have done. I told him what I would have done but I may have been wrong. Please help sort this out and please give me a rule reference. They were using ASA ruleset. Is it batting out of order, unreported sub or illegal player? As a side note that doesn't affect the ruling, the sub was listed on the line underneath the #7 batter. She must have thought she was to come in after #7 batter got on base. The PU didn't catch it at the pregame meeting which may have helped.
Dave