View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 29, 2010, 11:50am
Official Forum Member

Arguing balls and strikes?

In an NCAA game, the umpire had obviously been making questionable calls behind the plate. The home team coach went to the umpire and confronted him about the "bad calls" he'd been making throughout the game.

This coach has a reputation for "in your face" arguing with umpires, and has been ejected many times. In fact, as a fan, I feel that the coach hasn't finished his "job" with the umpire until he succeeds in getting himself ejected. The fans usually cheer him when he finally does get ejected.

On this one occasion, the umpire warned him, and the coach replied, "I didn't argue a SINGLE PITCH!"

It was either this occasion, or another time, when the coach asked the umpire, "How come you never call the third strike?"

I don't remember the outcome of this argument.

There was another occasion where the umpire sent him to the dugout after an argument and refused to talk to him. Later, he approached the umpire from the dugout. The umpire said, "STOP! Not one more step!" The coach said, "This is about something else!" He took one more step, and the umpire tossed him.

Comments, please?