View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 27, 2010, 10:35am
Esteemed Forum Member

"All we want are the facts, ma'am" (Joe Friday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Let's see if we agree on the circumstances.....
- you have a defender who has established a legal position in the path of a player with the ball.
- the player with the ball now moves directly into the defender without altering his straightforward path and initiates slight contact.
- the defender now tries to avoid further contact by moving/falling straight backwards away from the player with the ball.
- the offensive player now continues and jumps straight FORWARD without altering his original straight path and runs into/onto the defender.
- at NO time after establishing his legal position was the defender NOT in the offensive player's direct path.
- At also at NO time did the defender do anything to LOSE his legal position under any rule that I know of.
If every Forum member posted in this manner, we'd have fewer arguments and name calling. Jurassic Referee has posted the facts in a clear, concise manner. Now all we need to do is to apply an interpretation to the rule in his posted situation. By not paying close attention to the language in their posts, some Forum members tend to "muck" things up. Not always their fault, because it's very difficult to describe some plays in typed words in an internet post. A lesson in how to post for all members, but especially for newer members.

By the way, in Jurassic Referee's play, as described above, I do not have a blocking foul.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)