Thread: ASA Tournaments
View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 23, 2010, 10:14pm
Official Forum Member

Plenty of ASA tournaments in Ohio. The Ohio ASA website lists 70 fastpitch and 50 slow pitch tournies this year.

My local ASA umpire association, in district #22, will be covering 10 fastpitch tournaments in our area. Not sure about slow pitch, as I don't get involved in that side of things. It is not unusual at all for our local group to "loan out" umpires to help with other tournaments in the region.

I will say that our state commissioner, from all of my dealings with him, seems to be a guy that really cares about the game and deals with folks in an open and honest manner.

If that's not enough, NSA and USSSA both have a fairly strong presence (though not as big as ASA) and seem destined to grow.

Personally, I have the opportunity to work an ASA tournament pretty much every weeked from the time the high school season ends through the end of July. On the only two weekends that our local unit was not covering games, I worked a good NSA tourney (they recruited me) and a non-sanctioned men's fastpitch tournament (I know the TD).

Last edited by BretMan; Wed Jun 23, 2010 at 10:17pm.