View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 22, 2010, 03:36pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to CLH Send a message via Yahoo to CLH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbking View Post
Here are my $.02

5. Mirror signals, this is a hard one to do but if your partner calls a foul and it is close to your primary just put a fist in the air and no whistle. This helps to sell the call to coaches and players.
6. Talk to players and coaches, help them to not call game interupters.
7. Have a patient whistle. If the ball goes in the hole and players played through the contact, play on.
5. NO! NO! NO! Absolutely do not do this. What are you going to do when you partner didn't really believe what he saw and passes it off to you? In a split second he's taken his eyes off the play, he's lost the number, you never had a number. There are a hundred things that could go wrong with this. Horrible advice db...Everyone please disregard this, it is not a good idea.

6. I have no idea what you're talking about

7. More bad advice, illegal contact must be penalized regardless of the outcome. If the contact is marginal, great play on. Waiting for the ball the go in basket is gutless officiating and is going to lead to problems and the death of you officiating aspirations.

I would usually apologize for sounding so rude, but this is just really bad advice and should be disregarded so I won't.